My name's Tharyn. I've worked with some of the leading organizations in the spiritual development industry and now I want to work with you.
Your mission to elevate consciousness through the influence of digital marketing aligns perfectly with my past, present, and future goals.
Since one of your core values is being real, I thought I would give you a genuine and authentic look at who I am. What you see below is more than a professional résumé — it's a snapshot of my soul.
In less than 10 minutes, let me show you why I would be a great culture fit and absolute rockstar working at Magic.
I have 10+ years of professional experience working in technology and marketing, mostly with conscious organizations.
Senior Technical Specialist
Naropa University - Boulder, CO
May 2018 - July 2021, Full Time
- Manager of the University's IT Helpdesk where we supported the technology needs of 6000+ users.
- Planned, budgeted, and installed more than $100,000 worth of classroom telecommunication technology in 42 spaces across three campuses to deliver a remote learning experience in response to the pandemic.
- Solved 4000+ technical support tickets that enabled users to effectively conduct their work and education.
- Advised technical solutions for a non-technical community with patience and confidence.
- Created 40+ easy-to-follow tutorials that empowered users to self-identify and solve issues.
- Built 30+ auto-response email templates to optimize performance and efficiency across the IT team.
- Developed basic PowerShell scripts to automate Office 365 and Active Directory tasks.
Product Manager (Mobile Apps - Omvana)
Mindvalley - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
July 2012 - August 2013, Full Time
- Managed a team of experienced developers, designs, and copywriters in order to launch the Omvana app to a list of 10,000+ email subscribers resulting in being featured as the #1 most downloaded app in the iOS health and fitness category for over a week and many times thereafter.
- Built relationships and partnerships with 40+ content creators to publish 115 audio tracks that ensured consistent fresh and relevant content for app users.
- Reviewed and approved meditation-related content for Mindvalley's mobile apps Omvana, Dormio, and Focus Zen.
- Road-mapped a timeline for new feature implementation, enabling the team to release regular weekly app updates that boosted user engagement and retention.
- Successfully organized a product launch to a list of over 10,000 prospects.
- Wrote and sent push notifications to all users.
Sound Engineer & Audio Visual Support
Omega Institute for Holistic Studies - Rhinebeck, NY
Seasonal, Summer 2014 & 2016, 12 months combined Full Time
- Guided customers in purchasing the audio recordings for their workshop and standardized the process by which those audios were delivered.
- Setup and configured microphones, mixing boards, speakers, amplifiers, and projector systems required for a smooth workshop experience.
- Regularly managed the soundboard for multi-speaker events with anywhere between 50 and 500 audience members.
"Tharyn Taylor is a thorough, diligent, and detail-oriented worker. As a sound-person [at the Omega Institute] he showed command over our largest sound systems and classroom populations. He did so with great care and intimacy as he held space for many transformative experiences. Tharyn had my trust and confidence, being put in a leadership role to meet the needs of such faculty as Eckhart Tolle, Pema Chodron, and Jon Kabat-Zinn."
– Ken Kuter, Audio-Visual Manager
Mac Dojo - An Online Mac Productivity School
Founder & Creator - Thailand / Remote
August 2013 - Jul 2017
Mac Dojo is an online video course that I built from the ground up in order to teach Mac users how to become more productive using Mac OS X.
- Educated technical concepts and productivity best practices on macOS for 1,500+ students by engineering a premium video online learning environment with WordPress, HTML, CSS, membership software, and Amazon AWS that empowered students to be more productive and creative in less time.
- Acquired hundreds of paying customers through various marketing channels including affiliate partnerships, deal websites, cross-promotions, blogging, Facebook ads, YouTube content, and more.
- Created 50 unique video training lessons on how to use a Mac computer more quickly and effectively.
Digital Marketing & Product Launch Consultant
Freelance, Boulder, CO
July 2021 - Present
I am currently helping self development entrepreneurs and organizations with digital media strategy, website design, branding, lead generation, course creation, email marketing, and product launch.
- In 2021 I helped a client grow their Clubhouse Club to 37,000 members and use it to generate hundreds of email leads.
Podcast Growth Marketing & Community Manager
May 2015 - Nov 2015
AMZShark.com is an analytics software used by 3rd party sellers on Amazon. AMZShark is a tool that allows sellers to track product prices, examine keywords, and estimate product sales data.
My accomplishments and duties included:
- Taking lead of marketing and helping to grow business revenue by 25% in 6 months.
- Started and grew an Amazon seller oriented podcast with 16 episodes where I interviewed industry experts.
- Designed every podcast episode with listener questions, product call-to-actions, intro music, all into a professional quality show.
- Marketed the podcast and AMZShark via dozens of popular Amazon seller Facebook groups, blog guest posting, joint webinars with other industry experts, youtube videos and more.
Self Published Author
Published February 19, 2016
- Wrote and edited a 100,000 word spiritual development book over two years.
- Learned book and cover design with Adobe InDesign & Photoshop.
- Prepared and published physical softcover with CreateSpace by Amazon.
- Optimized the Amazon listing by generating 20+ reviews from advanced readers which boosted listing rank in the Spiritual Self Help category above #500 for several weeks.
I have practiced meditation regularly for over 10 years which will benefit Magic through my inspiration, calmness in the face of stress, and unlimited creativity.
From solving thousands of tech support questions I know how to identify the cause of problems and quickly focus on the best solution while re-assuring the customer.
I study NVC and actively use my word in the purest expression. Communication amongst team members and clients is the most important part of building trust and connection.
I range from expert to basic in all of these apps, however, I can become a working expert at anything within a few weeks.
I take pleasure in re-investing in myself and staying on top of the newest business trends. Here's what I've been learning lately.
Adyashanti has taught me how to inquire and meditate. I've attended several events with him and been blessed to ask him many questions.
Perhaps my favorite spiritual teacher. I listen to Esther and the Teachings of Abraham on a near-daily basis. I've been in the hot seat too!
Rupert's direct approach to noticing awareness as the blank movie screen of life is a true message of ease and peace.
I met Katie at the Omega Institute and helped her with two workshops. After reading her books, I began living The Work and it's been a miracle.
For over 10 years I've benefitted from the clarity of Tolle's awakened perspective. At Omega I was blessed to attend many of his talks.
I think there could be magic between us.
We think alike when it comes to living a sacred mission of uplifting human consciousness through entrepreneurship and information marketing.
I think I would make an excellent project manager, with intentions to grow in in all directions, including media buying, account management, and/or video production. I want to do it all, and add my own touch of magic along the way.
You can see my social links below. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my cell phone is
517-366-1393. Let's talk soon.
I live in Boulder, Colorado, and am available to meet via Zoom or in person.
© Copyright 2022 Tharyn Taylor. All Rights Reserved.